- Remove the bandage after 1 hour
- Wash the tattooed area thoroughly using your hand, not a wash cloth, with lukewarm water and unscented antibacterial soap. (We recommend H2Ocean foam soap or Dial.)
- Pat the area dry with a clean paper towel. DO NOT WIPE DRY. This will aggravate the area.
- Let the area dry for 30-45 minutes before applying lotion.
- DO NOT apply lotion for the first 2-3 days. The tattoo is producing enough moisture during this phase of the healing process and there is no need to add any more.
- Apply a mild fragrance free, color free hand lotion to the tattooed area. (We recommend H2Ocean lotion, Lubriderm or Hustle Butter.)
- DO NOT OVER MOISTURIZE THE AREA! Lotion should be applied in a very thin layer. Use just enough lotion for it to soak into the tattoo. There should not be any excess lotion left on the tattoo.
- DO NOT USE ANY PETROLEUM BASED PRODUCTS ON YOUR TATTOO DURING THE HEALING PROCESS. This includes, but is not limited to: A&D, Neosporin, Bacitracin, Vaseline, Eucerin and Aquaphore. Petroleum suffocates a tattoo and leads to scabbing and color loss. We cannot guarantee your tattoo for a touch up if you do so.
- Repeat the process three times daily for 14 days.
- No tanning, swimming or soaking in the water for 14 days. Doing so will not guarantee your tattoo should a touch up be needed.
- If your tattoo should need a touch up after it is healed you must wait at least 4 weeks, but the touch up must be done within the first 3 months after the tattoo is healed to receive your touch up free of charge. Touch ups are done by appointment only on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. You must come into the shop to schedule your touch up so that we can see how much time needs to be booked to complete it!
- The sun is the #1 killer of a tattoo. Please remember sunblock when you will be out for extended periods of time. Sunblock can not applied to a tattoo until it is fully peeled and healed!
Piercing Aftercare (Non Oral Piercings)
- Fresh piercing should be cleaned 3 times a day with sterile saline
- Saline is the only thing recommended to clean a piercing. We carry H2Ocean in a convenient aerosol can. DO NOT us antibacterial soap, alcohol, peroxide, Bactine or any products containing petroleum on your piercing. These items may damage healthy cells and cause scar tissue.
- Do not take out the jewelry you were pierced with for at least 6-8 weeks.
- Do not soak in the tub, tan, or swim in chlorinated water for the first 2 weeks.
- Tight fitting clothing will suffocate a new piercing and may irritate it.
Oral Piercing Aftercare
- A color free, alcohol free mouthwash is necessary for the maintenance of an oral piercing. Rinse with mouthwash at least 3 times a day but not to exceed 6 times a day.
- You must rinse after you eat or drink anything that is not water and after you smoke.
- Jewelry should not be changed for a minimum of 6-8 weeks.